Saturday, July 2, 2011

Squash and Zucchini

I picked my first zucchini this year.  There are lots of flowers on the plant but I was lucky enough to find a rip yummy fruit.  The squash are also growing in abundance right now.  I cannot eat them fast enough.  This means I will be putting my culinary creativity to the test this weekend when barbecuing, stir-frying and pickling these scrumptious veggies.


I also replanted 10 green bean seeds.  The six existing plants are flowering and will soon produce beans.  However, there is a bean thief in the garden.  Last year we found half eaten and snapped beans hanging on the plants.  Sometimes the thief would be so sneaky that the bean vanished from the basket while we were still picking the beans.  I will place the victory garden on high alert and will start monitoring the beans daily.  I hope to catch the bean robber on camera this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment