Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Pepperoncini


I like the pepperoncini pepper.  It is an extremely versatile pepper.  You can put pepperoncini on sandwiches, salads, pizza and even in your omelets.  I have been debating if I should freeze or can the peppers.  After much thought and much research I have decided to can my first harvest of peppers.  I left many pepper on the plant and saw many more pushing out on the plant's upper limbs.  I will have many more to experiment with.  I will be using pint size canning jars.  My peppers are not very large so I can get away with using smaller jars.


I have been reading the tales of Walnut Spinney and found her blog about pickled peppers to be informational and entertaining.  I am currently soaking my peppers in salt water.  This is recommended by Walnut Spinney.  I really like her salty then sweet canning recipe.  I am excited to see the finish result.  To read more about the pepperoncini canning process and recipe visit, http://walnutspinney.blogspot.com/2008/09/pickled-pepperoncini-peppers-or-hot.html.  Thank you Walnut Spinney!

No comments:

Post a Comment