Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Dehydrating Veggies


Green and Black Bell Peppers
I currently own a 1993 Ronco food dehydrator.  My family has used this dehydrator to make dried fruit, dry nuts, and make beef jerky.  With all of the zucchini and squash being produced I decided to try out the dehydrating process.  There are no buttons on the dehydrator.  You just plug it in and you are ready to go.

Sprinkled with garlic salt and cayenne pepper... mmmm!
I sliced up zucchini, squash, bell peppers and radish.  I cut thin slices to help the snacking process after dehydration.  I am a huge fan of veggie chips and this will definitely be a great treat.  I sprinkled every item with garlic salt and added cayenne pepper to one tray.  The items should be done in a day or two.  I will be placing my items in airtight jars and Ziploc bags.

Radish and Squash

No comments:

Post a Comment