Saturday, July 2, 2011

Soy brings joy!

Soybeans... nom nom!


Radishes
Today was a joyous yet somber day for the victory garden.  The soybeans are ripening and the radishes are reaching for the sky.  Even the green beans are bursting out of the flower petals.  However, the garden harbors members of a vicious back alley sport... kitty wrestling.  The Kitty Wrestling Federation, also know as KWF, has been around for many many moons.  I have heard that the first kitty wrestling match was between a smilodon and pleistoncene tiger.  My cat is a member and frequent participant of the KWF.  This afternoon my cat chose to practice his wrestling moves on a green bean plant in the middle garden.  Needless to say... the plant did not survive.  When the bell was rung all that was left was a pile of shredded wilted leaves and a snapped stock.  My cat seemed proud of his conquest but I am sure the bean robber will not be pleased.


French Green Beans

No comments:

Post a Comment