Saturday, May 26, 2012

Colorful flowers turn into baby beans

I might not be Cole Sear, from the film Sixth Sense, because I cannot say "I see dead people." But I know what I can see... I SEE BABY BEANS!

scarlet emperor baby beans
I was pleasantly surprised to see beans pushing out on the Burgundy, Blue Lake, and Scarlet Emperor plants. The spring weather has been cold, which has slowed down the growth of the eggplants and peppers.  But I am hoping the summer heat will help the victory garden produce a wealth of veggies.  So far the beans seem to like the cool wind and warm sun.

blue lake baby beans

burgundy baby beans

The sugar snaps are thriving and producing sweet crunchy pods.  Mmmm... I cannot help popping one into my mouth while picking them. They are so good.

sugar snaps picked May 25, 2012
I have planted more sugar snaps, blue lake and burgundy beans.  I like to stagger my planting of beans to help maintain a steady harvest all season. Nom nom!

No comments:

Post a Comment