Saturday, May 12, 2012

Where there is growth, there are flowers

2011 Season - Burpee French Filet Stringless bean plant flowers
The victory garden has seen much growth.  With growth comes flowers and were there are flowers there will soon be yummy veggies!


Our zucchini plants have many starfish shaped flowers opening up each morning.


The sugar snaps are blooming!



The Scarlet Emperor plants have opened their red/orange petals, while still maintaining their vertical climb.


Lastly, and I am really excited about this one, last season's eggplant has produced a flower.  I cannot believe my little eggplant is one year old and just pushed out her first flower.  WOW! I hear a Strictly Jug Nuts' song seeping into my brain... OH NO!  I hope there are no killer eggplants in the victory garden.

No comments:

Post a Comment