Tuesday, July 2, 2013

First recipe of the 2013 summer season!

It is time for some yummy tummy goodness! I have cooked a variety of meals using veggies from the garden this season. My favorite dish is my tofu, green pepper, and summer squash curry. Here is my recipe:

Ingredients:
1 block of extra firm tofu
three small or two medium sized summer squash
two large bell peppers
extra virgin coconut oil
Jar of your favorite curry sauce

stir fry tofu and veggies in coconut oil on medium heat
once tofu and veggies are seared, add in a jar of your favorite curry
simmer for 10 minutes on low heat, remove, serve with rice
I have also been busy harvesting veggies three to four times a week. The weather has warmed up and the veggies are popping out faster than I can eat them.

basket full of green beans
My mother blanched, packed, and froze 4 quart Ziploc bags of beans.  These beans are going to taste good in green bean casserole, soups, and as a side dish... nom nom!


The plums are starting to ripen and fall from the tree. In order to keep our backyard mess-free, I picked as many ripe plums as I could. There are still lots to be picked.


The summer squash is growing rapidly while the green bell peppers are growing into yummy crisp veggies. I have harvested over a dozen green bell peppers, three dozen cucumbers, and handfuls of radishes.

radish, cucumbers, okra

No comments:

Post a Comment