Thursday, June 16, 2011

With the sun comes growth and new life.

Recently, I have traveled and explored new lands.  When I came back I found the victory garden lush and full of life.  The corn measures over 6 inches in height and the squash leaves are over 7 inches wide.  The herb garden is living large with long vibrant green chives reaching for the sky and 10 medium sized pepperoncini peppers dangling to the ground.
Herb Row
My family picked the lettuce while I was riding horses south of the border.  Upon my return I replanted the area with French Breakfast radishes.  They should sprout quickly and will be in our salads and stir-fry dishes soon.  Nom nom!  In addition to the lettuce I have harvested 6 small squash, one small pepperoncini pepper and a handful of basil and sage.  There is a variety of fruit lining the rows of the victory garden.  Stay tuned for a variety of images featuring the labors of the garden!
Squash and Bitter Melon

No comments:

Post a Comment